2 Tablespoons Cajun seasoning
4 tablespoon butter, unsalted
3/4 cup onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup pepper, green bell
1/4 cup onion, green
2 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup milk, evaporated
1/2 cup TackSauce
1 1/2 lb beef, lean ground
1/2 lb pork, ground
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup bread crumbs, very fine
1. Place the seasoning in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Melt the butter in a 1-quart saucepan over medium heat.
3. Add the onions, celery, bell peppers, green onions, garlic, Worcestershire and seasoning mix.
4. Saute until mixture starts sticking excessively, about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally and scraping the pan bottom well. Stir in the milk and TackSauce.
5. Continue cooking for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
7. Place the ground beef and pork in an ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan.
8. Add the eggs, the cooked vegetable mixture and the bread crumbs.
9. Mix by hand until thoroughly combined. In the center of the pan, shape the mixture into a loaf that is about 1-1/2 inches high, 6 inches wide and 12 inches long
10. Bake uncovered at 350o F for 25 minutes, then raise heat to 400o F and continue cooking until done, about 35 minutes longer.