1 3/4 cups sugar
1/2 quart milk
1/2 quart water
6 eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon vanilla
3/8 cup shredded coconut meat, unsweetened (frozen)
1/4 cup margarine
4 cups French bread, cubed
1. Combine sugar, milk, and water in bowl and mix well.
2. Add eggs,salt,vanilla,coconut,and margarine and mix well.
3. Stir in bread cubes.
4. Let stand until the liquid is absorbed.
5. Spoon into two 9X12-inch baking pans.
6. Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes or until pudding rises like a souffle' and springs back when touched.
7. Serve with flavored sauce.
This is one of the best Bread Pudding I have ever tasted.